A big thanks goes out to our colleagues and their network for contributing again to putting together 52 nice and by the children very much appreciated Christmas-boxes ! You made sure enough clothes and toys were donated. Barbara, Ralf and Katja were able to provide the sizes we were missing in the end so all…
A big thanks goes out to our colleagues and their network for contributing again to putting together 52 nice and by the children very much appreciated Christmas-boxes ! You made sure enough clothes and toys were donated. Barbara, Ralf and Katja were able to provide the sizes we were missing in the end so all boxes could be filled. All these clothes and toys needed to be sorted to size and gender. In the meantime 52 boxes were put together, labeled and filled with clothes and toys suitable and fitted for every individual child. Next they were loaded into our cars and brought to Vluchtelingenwerk. With help of them the cars were unloaded in no-time. Vluchtelingenwerk received many joyful reactions and shared them with us and thanked our Christmas contribution.
The initiative to give children in need something extra for Christmas started in 2007 (Vluchtelingenwerk in 2008). Together with Vluchtelingenwerk, our Just-colleagues and their network we were able to put together a Christmas-box with clothes and toys for each of the 27 ex-AMA’s brought to our attention by Vluchtelingenwerk . The Dutch abbreviation AMA stands for single underage asylum seeker. They are minor children without parents or family who have come to the Netherlands to seek asylum. Many positive reactions were received by Vluchtelingenwerk after they handed out the Christmas-boxes so we decided to make this an annual event.
Now it’s 6 years later and where do we stand:
- This year we put together 52 (!) Christmas-boxes for children listed by Vluchtelingenwerk
- The list of ex-AMA’s has expended over the years and consist now of ex-AMA’s and children of ex-asylum seekers, trafficking victims or otherwise known by Vluchtelingenwerk
- Each year our Just-colleagues with kids save up the clothes and toys that are still nice and clean, but their kids have grown over or out of
- All Just-colleagues have their network do same
- We have a sponsor for the boxes; these are donated by the company Gastrovino
- 6 years of experience has resulted in an efficient way of work, from collecting to sorting, from packing to distributing.
Let’s hope next year’s list of children is much shorter and will shrink each year until help is no longer needed. Until then, we will put a smile on their faces each Christmas.
Have a caring 2013